Empowering Colorado periodically hires freelance journalists to report on energy development and energy-related issues. Because reporting on these topics often requires a level of expertise and experience, Empowering Colorado will hire journalists who have reported for energy-related trade magazines or provided content to energy companies or energy-related businesses. To ensure the independence, fairness and integrity of our reporting, all prospective freelance journalists will undergo a thorough vetting by Empowering Colorado to ensure they adhere to the following guidelines.
- Freelance journalists must fully disclose current and prior employment and associations with any entity(s) tied to energy development.
- Freelance journalists working for Empowering Colorado are not allowed to concurrently work or be on the payroll of an energy-focused company or organization.
- Journalists who have previously worked for an energy-focused company or organization will not be excluded from working for Empowering Colorado. However, the journalist must fully disclose their involvement so it may be considered during the hiring process.
- Journalists must agree to follow the ethical guidelines developed by the Society of Professional Journalists.
- Empowering Colorado will fully disclose all relevant information related to a reporter’s background and experience when publishing the news coverage developed by its journalists.